There has been no bigger challenge in recent times than the coronavirus pandemic – something that has sharply brought into focus the need for public service organisations to be responsive, resilient and agile. From March 2020, the way we live and work has been utterly changed, as has the role that technology plays. In our public services, digital customer interfaces and remote working capability has been crucial. All areas have been hugely impacted, particularly health, education and social welfare and digital inclusion has never been more important. As part of the national Covid-19 response, the move towards digital public services has been accelerated to ensure they can deliver for Ireland’s citizens.
The conference will feature a range of expert speakers who will talk about their digital transformation journey and look ahead to what’s next as we look to the post-Covid recovery and build future-proof organisations.
Key themes covered:
- Accelerating the digitalisation of public services;
- Responding to the pandemic: Digital strategy to drive recovery;
- Creating a GovTech ecosystem for Ireland;
- Building resilient organisations;
- Citizen engagement – making government accessible;
- Collaboration as part of the Covid-19 response;
- Transforming public services through the cloud;
- Building a hybrid workforce and transforming the Future of Work;
- Helping public sector organisations identify cyber threats;
- Technology to transform the delivery of health services;
- Digital education: a new way of learning;
- Technology to ensure more diverse and inclusive organisations;
- Emerging technologies, 5G and IoT;
- Embracing Robotics and AI in the public sector: Ensuring ethical design and good governance;
- Smarter government, driven by digital;
- Getting the benefits of a neurodiverse workforce;
- Disruptive innovation for public services;
- Digital inclusion: Technology to empower citizens;
- Best practice case studies in digital delivery from outside Ireland.
Who will you meet?
The event will be of interest to senior managers and decision-makers working across Ireland’s public and private sectors. Not just for CIOs, it is also for those within organisations in policy-making and service delivery roles. Delegates will include:
- Chief Executives / Directors / senior managers
- Chief Information Officers / IT Directors
- Local government officers
- Policy makers
- Corporate planners
- Board members of public sector agencies
- Voluntary / community sector leaders / NGOs
- Health / education sector professionals
- Services organisations – IT / telecoms / advisory
Benefits of attending:
- Discuss the digital transformation of public services
- Hear directly from those responsible for driving these programmes forward
- Learn about innovative projects already being implemented
Digital Government 2021 will take place as a hybrid event. We look forward to welcoming delegates to the Clayton Hotel for the full conference and networking experience. Your safety will remain our highest priority with all the necessary social distancing and hygiene measures in place. If you can’t join us in person, delegates can watch the event from the comfort of their own home or office. Virtual attendance will be easily facilitated by our online conference platform and dedicated technical team. We will follow Government guidance and keep you updated with any changes to the event. Tickets will be transferable if the conference has to move fully online.
The conference is structured in such a way to provide a high level of interaction between speakers and delegates. There will be plentiful opportunities for questions as well as discussion in each of the sessions. In the margins of the event there will also be ample scope for business development during the busy networking breaks which take place in our exhibition area.
Conference format //
Digital Government 2021 will be using an online platform that will allow speakers and delegates to follow the normal structure of a conference.
This will include:
- Chair and speakers on screen during the session
- Speakers will present with slides and video
- A Q&A session with delegates being able to post questions, moderated by the chair
- A chat facility for delegates to network and make comments
- A ‘handout’ facility will allow delegates to receive relevant documentation
- IT support for delegates throughout the event
- Access to speaker presentations after the conference